THE BREATHE EASIER CLUB
Education and fellowship for individuals affected by a lung cancer diagnosis
Meeting day/time: First Wednesday of each month, 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
To RSVP: Contact Tamara by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone, 803-777-9736
Location: Leeza’s Care Connection, 201 S. St. Andrews Rd., Columbia, SC 29210
The Breathe Easier Club was launched in September 2017, with support from the Lung Cancer Alliance, Leeza’s Care Connection, and the USC College of Nursing, to provide education and social support to anyone affected by a lung cancer diagnosis in the Columbia metro area.
Monthly meetings are free of charge – no membership is required. Everyone is welcome – patients, survivors, friends, and family members.
The “Club” meets monthly on the first Wednesday of each month, from 11:30 am – 1:00 pm and a complimentary lunch is provided.
Our 2018 schedule includes the following speakers/events:
- January: Mindfulness and Lung cancer – T. Hilda White, MD
- February: Resources for caregivers – Ms. Marti Colucci
- March: Grocery store tour led by Kathleen Mercer, RD, LD, Ed.D.
- April: Visit with Maureen Rigney, LICSW, Lung Cancer Alliance
- May: Pulmonary Rehabilitation and Lung Cancer, Ms. Dee Dee Brayboy, Respiratory Therapist, Palmetto Health Richland
- June: Lung Cancer Screening: What you need to know– Jan M. Eberth, PhD
- July: NO MEETING
- August: Sleep Quality and Lung Cancer – Dr. Antoinette Williams Rutherford, Medical Director, Palmetto Health Sleep Lab
- September: Special luncheon at SC Oncology Associates (SCOA), Topic TBA
For more information contact Tamara by email (email@example.com), or call us at 803-777-9736.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]